Professional Training of Coaches/Coaches Bios
Our highly-trained coaching staff provides SAFE participants with advanced training, as well as mentoring and personal development. Our job is to not only teach children how to play soccer, but also to be smart and successful individuals. We aspire to provide our students with such attributes as pride, dedication, self-esteem and teamwork.
All of our coaches are provided through SMIA, thanks in part to the funding received from our corporate sponsors and individual donors, as well as the generosity of SMIA itself. Known for its youth programs, SMIA is also nationally renowned for its coaching programs. SMIA trains other youth soccer clubs and high school coaches across the country using the latest USSF and FIFA methods. Although they hit the field after six months, SMIA’s coaches must complete a rigorous two-year program, consisting of five levels of training and providing hopefuls with the ability to be fully licensed and recognized coaches.
Through its strong partnership with SMIA, SAFE kids have access to expert and committed coaches who are a large part of what makes the SAFE Foundation experience such a rich and rewarding one for both beginners and experienced players.
President and founder of Soccer Made in America, SAFE Organization (Soccer Arts for Education) and the Chicago Blast Soccer Club
- National Director of Coaching for U.S. Adult Soccer Association
- United States Adult Soccer Association Men’s National Select Team Coach
- United States Soccer Federation “A” License Coach
- Illinois State Soccer Association Director of Coaching Education
- International High Level Coaching License
- Scout for USA’s National Team
- Former Professional player, Washington Diplomats and Jacksonville Tea Men, North American Soccer League
- Two-time All American Division I, and Hall of Fame Inductee
- Illinois State Soccer Association Hall of Fame Inductee 2009
- Director of Chicago Blast suburban teams
- S. Amateur Coaching License
- Former Professional Player, Jacksonville Cyclones
- Director of Player Development & SMIA Senior Training Clinician
- Milos has coached many teams to championships at league, state, regional and national level.
Former Division 1 Player, Jacksonville University, and Professional Player with Jacksonville Cyclones
Craig started with the Chicago Blast when the club was established in 2002. Craig was instrumental in establishing the management and administration of the Chicago Blast Soccer Club. Craig has done a great job in coaching several of our teams and is respected by many players though out the club.
What Aleks says about Craig, “Craig is very knowledgeable about soccer, a loyal friend, and a person who cares about children and their development as exceptional players.”
United States Soccer Federation “D” License Coach
Craig has experience in coaching both high school and club-level teams.